Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The leaves are still here...


It was a welcomed relief yesterday to walk outside and enjoy Mother Nature's beauty. Outside where the quiet permeates the soul...bringing a quiet peace to the mind. I hear lately from my internet friends, that Old Man Winter has already taken up residency in their areas. But here in Mossy Pond on the ranch...Indian Summer is still with us. The leaves are still on the trees, flowers and (the pretty) weeds are still blooming. Just beautiful. Our nights are much cooler..making us grateful to not have to turn on the a/c..and the days are just warm enough and the breeze is just cool enough not to have it on during the day...wonderful!! Not just for me..but for our electric bill!

I think I have noticed more than usual the quietness of the outdoors because like every other American, we are glued to the TV regarding the upcoming, historical election that is upon us. We are engrossed, trying to figure out where the check will go in November..trying to get all the facts and weeding out the trash. And at times..it feels like a bubble is about to burst in the old brain! But really..if you don't listen and learn..how can you make an educated decision?

I started this post to be a political one..my views and opinions and decisions so far..but it just overwhelmed me and I thought better of it before I put fingers to the keyboard. That's not saying I won't post them in the future (because I plan to!)..but for now..yesterday and today..I am awestruck by the sights and sounds of Mother Nature.

(((sigh))))...Life is out there...see it, feel it, share it..live it! And don't forget...
GET OUT THERE...GET INFORMED...VOTE! ROCK THE VOTE!!!




No comments: